Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Count first

I find I have put myself in a triple knitting dilemma. UGH!
Number one relates to a baby afghan that I began. I had ‘free yarn’ from a friend that was a soft yellow. The problem began when I decided to use two kinds of yarn at once. I had purchased a skein of light mint to go with it. It was a new pattern and I was knitting away happily, when I discovered I did not have enough green to finish. So I made an evening run to get some more. The second error came when I did not take a sample, feeling confident there could only be one such choice in that brand. I grabbed my yarn, on sale no less and hurried home to continue my project. But, as you may have already guessed it was not the right color. Close but not close enough. So I had to set that aside for now, hoping to find the right color on the weekend.
In the meantime I began another baby afghan with more ‘free yarn’, blue this time and a skein of other blue I had purchased previously for this to make it warm. And yes, once again I ran out and when I went to get more, taking my sample, there was not any in either of the stores I went to. So it too is set aside for the time being.
Yes, I know, you are saying did you not learn from your last trauma?
Well, I guess not because, I got some more ’free yarn’ from another friend and began a cute scarf. I had two balls which should have been enough. But once again history repeated itself. Except this time I found more at the Dollar Store. And wisely I bought two more, instead of just one, in case. As it turns out, I will need both.
The moral of the story is to figure out what you need and buy it all at the same time. Funny that I know this but seem to have ignored it, as though Murray’s law would not apply to me THIS time.
Jesus too talked about counting before you begin a project. He gave the examples of a builder building a tower and not having enough materials or a King going out to war without having enough soldiers. He said that before you become his disciple, you need to count the cost. And while it will cost you all you have, even you very life, you will get more that you give. Remember that it cost Him more that you will even pay. He left His home in heaven where he was adored and honored, to come and be mistreated, rejected and crucified. But he counted the cost. He would rather go to hell for you than go to heaven without you. Ponder that for awhile.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stop The Presses!! I finally have the written proof I need for that long over due psychiatrist's visit!!

    ~ your firstborn ~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home