Mother Mary Says

Friday, November 23, 2007

Buddy's bad night

Well, Buddy had been doing better but last night was not good; his pacing began at 2:00 AM. And we had just gotten into bed at 12:30!
In desperation I hooked his leash to the night stand and to him so that he couldn't wander. Result? He just laid down and went to sleep- all night! He must have thought I was holding the leash( which I admit I have done in the past), close by, protecting him ,which relieved his seeming anxiety.
As I drifted off to sleep, God brought to mind the image of a yoke of oxen. The yoke is made for two animals. Each carries only part of the burden.
When Jesus talked about the yoke, it was also the symbol of surrender . He would carry the whole load and his child would have a light load once they yielded control . In Buddy's case, he traded his anxiety for peace of mind. He probably was thinking,' I am loved, provided for, I am not alone.'
Ahhh! Can you hear the sigh of the one yoked to Jesus? Surrendered to his protection . That sigh is me, well most of the time.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are a good woman. Hope all is well.

    M.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home