Mother Mary Says

Monday, November 12, 2007

So what is up????

Well, I was not well and then we were gone on a great vacation. But as you well know, you have to recover from vacation. What is with that???
Then our dog developed an annoying habit, a long running bout of insomnia. Who knew that dogs can get it? I sure have been familiar with it lately due to pain but Buddy's insomnia reinforced mine!
He has always slept well, even to the point of snoring and barking in his sleep. We have wondered if he was chasing a cat or car? Anyway, lately he has been up and down all night long.
The first problem was that on the wood floors, it was click, click, click. With the high ceiling in our bedroom, the echo was enough to wake me up if I had finally fallen asleep. Then he would come to my side of the bed and either nudge me or just stand there breathing in my face. either way,, my sleep was over the the immediate future. If he could talk, I think he would have said to me
" I am lonely. It's too quiet. I'm scared. Please wake up and be with me. I need you to protect me. Don't you care that I can't sleep?"
And to think I got him to be a guard dog!
Once I get up, he is delighted. He runs to the front door for a walk or the kitchen for breakfast.( at 2:00 AM!) .( more on this tomorrow)
I couldn't help but think of the disciples in the boat with Jesus. Those rough , tough fisherman were terrified in the 'perfect' storm. They were even more upset that Jesus was asleep in the back of the boat.
They finally roused him and said:
"Don't you care if we drown?"
And like I do for Buddy, He got up and quieted the storm and then His dear friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home