Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Before a fall

We have many sayings in our house that have passed down to our grandsons. Unfortunately, the one about pride was brought to my mind today in a graphic way.
Gabriel and I were in the Golden Arches getting an after school snack. They were either very under staffed or very disorganized. He ordered two chicken sandwiches and a large order of fries. The sandwiches were placed on the try and the server went on break. We waited and waited and waited for the fries. We could see them draining and ready but no one moved to place them on the tray. Finally, after 10 minutes( boy are they lucky we were not secret shoppers) We asked and they looked at us as though we were asking for something not paid for. In fact, she did said” Well, did you pay for them?”
Gabriel showed his receipt and the server finally gave him the fries.
In the time period between ordering them and receiving them we had lots of time to kill. We watched the drive up window for lack of anything else to do.
That is when I saw this teenager in his power pickup cut it too short and hit the curb and have to back up and straighten it out to drive out. ‘Teenager driver’, I said.
Well, I should have kept my mouth shut. Not many minutes later, we were backing out of Starbucks and I hit the curb and have to back up to straighten my car out. UGH!
Solomon was right on when he said “ Pride goes before a fall”. I proved it right again today and Gabriel called me on it. We often use that saying when we are playing a board game but it fit here too.
Prideful old lady driver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home