Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Vacation choices

Last week we had a nice trip away to Yosemite. The fall colors were breathtaking though the water had dried up coming over the falls. We saw lots of deer, just wandering free, even posing for pictures!
After a nice day there we headed to our motel. But there in lies a story. For several weeks ahead, Jon had tried to decide where to stay. He seemed to be procrastinating to me, but I kept my mouth shut.
When he finally got around to booking a room, all the rooms at the lodge in the valley were full. Choice number two was Curry Village and the tent cabins, but at $77.00 with no heat or bathroom, I vetoed that. Choice number three in the valley is the Ahwahnee Hotel. With rooms beginning at $436.00, you can bet we did not stay there.
So the search continued. He took so long debating ,I finally said,
“ You are acting like you are choosing between surgery or chemo therapy. Just make a choice and book.” (I said that I was not very patient).
We thought about the route with the least miles and decided on staying in Mariposa. He found the motel online and I came to complete the registration. When it printed out, it was for Oakhurst! I was surprised but thought maybe he changed his mind again. When I mentioned it he said,
“ No, we are staying in Mariposa.”
“ Not according to the printout!”
“ Huh???”
“ Check it out and see for yourself.”
He did and couldn’t explain it.
For my part, I just figured that God knew a better place to stay and was guiding us with his eye, well OK, with the computer!
As it turned out we had a great stay there and hit our favorite thrift store too!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mary!
    I sent you an email and wanted to let you know here too, in case your server didn't like my address. If you haven't received it, look in your spam folder. Thanks for the card!
    Keeping it generic here...maybe you will want to delete this comment.
    Rachel in Texas

     

Post a Comment

<< Home