Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

So what is wrong with Buddy?

Buddy is 14 but until recently he has seemed pretty spry. Granted he has lost some hearing though the word treat does not escape him. Also he has a corneal abrasion that has taken the sight in his right eye. But on the whole, he can still run down the stairs full force and see a cat 1/2 a block away.
This new thing of insomnia finally lead me to do some reading and I discovered that Buddy has Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome. He paces and then stares off in space for no reason. When he finally stops pacing he will go around and around forever before he lays down. Then hops up again asap.His restless sleep is another sign. Also sometimes Jon calls him from upstairs and he goes to the door to find him, instead of looking upstairs. He seems sort of disoriented.
The suggestions are to walk him several times a day to keep up his interest in the world around him( we are good on that since he will not go to the bathroom at home, ever.) Also put his bed close to the family, so he does not feel isolated. We have found touching him more seems to relax him. Maybe the hearing lose makes him feel alone.
I thought about how my recent depression has made me feel disoriented, kind of 'off.' I have felt very lonely and sad. God directed me to start walking each day( like Buddy)- taking a Psalm with me to read or pray back to God. He also has revealed himself as Immanuel- God with me- listening, caring and touching me through others. How like him to show me that much of what Buddy needs, will heal me too.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Muzakaz said…

    I have an older nease... and younger one.

    So odd the combination.

    The 13 year old...(fed taco bell) sis gained almost 70lbs.

    the second child she gained maybe 60 kinda sorta.

    does it matter.

    the first is accelling and the second is wrapped up in havoc... or should i say totally distraced.

    it's odd. the first pregnancy with my sis... she ate taco bell.

    the second she tried to do it dif.

    so we eat it all... now the younger is currently being tested for ADD.

    Crazy. So here we are.

    I have my thoughts but wow.

    Here we are

     

Post a Comment

<< Home