Mother Mary Says

Sunday, September 30, 2007

His eye is on the .....

This last week or two have been hard for my physically. I have had an illness for 13 years that has left me with chronic pain. But this last little while, the pain has been worse. It is right after I eat, a couple of hours after I eat and again in the middle of the night. Sure spoils a good meal or good sleep.
A side effect of the increased pain this week has been self pity, especially the last three days. I cry at the pain, partly because I fear how bad it may be as it progresses and partly because I am weary of pain. Then I cry because I just want it to be GONE for good. Poor Me!
This morning is a case in point. I was up at 5:00 AM with pain. So I walked Buddy, had a snack and pain pill and time with the Lord , yet felt overwhelmed about the day ahead. Could I endure? But, then, I said to myself, I love Sundays and would not want to miss out.
As I walked Buddy again before we left for church, God spoke. Not in an audible voice but none the less He spoke. As we neared the park, I saw a humming bird high in the sky, near the light post. Just as quickly the Spirit whispered in my ear:
β€œ His eye is on the hummingbird and I know He cares for me.”
I added, β€˜His eye is on my pancreas and I know He cares for me.’
I actually burst into song as we walked around the park. My spirit was lifted and I was ready to enjoy the day.
You go God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home