Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Buddy's cough

The last week or so I have had one of those coughs that just hangs on. The worst time is when you lay down at night. So I have had to use cough drops at night and keep several on my night stand just for that purpose.
Well, Buddy must have thought he had a cough too. Two mornings ago I was laying awake, just cuddling with Jon. I knew it was time to get up but couldn’t seem to get my feet out of the covers. Buddy approached the bed and just looked at me. Then he reached out to grab the cough drop- while I was watching! How brazen can you get? He does know what they are and how tasty they are from last winter when Jon had a bad cough. We discovered he had stolen more than one then. But that was sneaky when no one was around. This was too much! I could not believe my eyes. Did he think I could not see him???
But I have to admit that sometimes I do blatant things too, as though God can’t see me.
Go just a little too fast because I left late.
Tell Jon I have already taken care of something when I had forgotten until he mentioned it.
Long for something I can’t have instead of being grateful for what I do have.
Pass on gossip as a prayer request.
Look the other way when I see a homeless person.
Well, I don’t want to give away all my secrets. You get the idea.
So I guess that Buddy is more like me than I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home