Mother Mary Says

Monday, December 10, 2007

In the closet

Buddy is a very smart dog as you may have guessed. Sometimes Jon and I think that he is too smart for his own good. See, he has this thing about peeking into the closet when I am in there changing my clothes. He is checking to see what I am putting on.
If I am putting on my sweats and sox and favorite sweater, he knows that I am not going anywhere. Why is that important to him? He has separation anxiety and hates to be left alone.
If, on the other hand, I am putting on my good jeans( and yes he knows which are which) he begins to slink off to the washroom where he knows he will be put when I leave. It is really pathetic to watch.
He really gets happy when I return and go into the closet and put on 'stay at home clothes'. He wags his tag and almost smiles.
Just as what I wear matters to Buddy, so it matters to God too.
In fact, He loves to change my clothes for me. To start with, He gives Jesus my sin and gives me Jesus' robe of sinlessness. Next he will give me the crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning and the garment of praise for the spirit of despair.
The he calls me to clothe myself with with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
As parting word:
I say over and over to Buddy that he does not have to worry about my clothes, that I will always take care of him. And Jesus says that I do not have to worry about my clothes, for he will take care of me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home