Mother Mary Says

Monday, June 25, 2007

Say what?

Today as Buddy and I were walking back from the park, I saw the most unusual thing. What caught my attention was a yelling Scrub Jay in the tree. I stopped walking to see if I could find him and figure out what was going on.
You will never believe what I saw. There, about one branch away, was a cat sitting, while the Jay was yelling in it's face. Now, that cat really irritates me too, waking my dog in the middle of the night, haunting our 5:00 AM walks, etc. But you can't imagine how silly that looked, a bird squawking at a cat.
The cat did not move in any way!!!! It just sat there, staring.
I decided I have better get Buddy home before he looked up in the tree , saw that cat himself and begin adding his racket to the Scrub Jay's.
As I walked away, I could not help thinking about how I wished that when the evil one yells at me, I could just sit unmoving, not intimidated, not panicked.
I should remember that I only have to stand still. God will fight for me.
The battle is the Lord's
And He will conquer all of his enemies
With his right hand
And his holy arm
He will obtain
He will obtain
He will obtain the victory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home