Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Buddy report

Our dog Buddy is about 14 years old. We got him as a stray at age 5. He is a faithful companion with a few quirky traits. One of those is that he must be walked many times a day since he will not relieve himself at home in his own yard. We are not sure why.
At times, it is a big hassle. For instance, in the pouring rain at 10:30 PM. UGH! And though he has indicated he needs to go, he is never in a hurry in the rain.
Recently he got an intestinal bug, poor thing. It was over the Memorial day weekend . I used all my home remedies to no avail. And since I am a tight wad, we did NOT take him to the emergency vet but had to wait until Tuesday morning. By Monday we were making multiple trips , including several in the middle of the night.
As aggravating as it was, I thought about how dependent he was on us. That must have made him even more anxious than he was already from his illness. He knew he must come to us and get us to respond to him ASAP.
I am happy to report that$ 89.00 later, including antibiotics, special dog food and several packs of Activia, he is his old healthy self again.
Dependence. None of us likes that feeling. We fight like anything to avoid giving up control. Yet I have learned from experience that surrendering to God is the place of peace and joy and rest. God does know best and he always responds to my needs.
Well, I have to sign off as Buddy is nudging me to take him out!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:13 AM, Blogger Arul Rajan said…

    I m a lover of mother mary. Plz give ur mail id or send a mail to me arulrajan@gmail.com I wish to know more about mothermary says

    thanks

    Maria arul

     

Post a Comment

<< Home