Mother Mary Says

Saturday, June 16, 2007

The miracle

Behind our fence there is a bike path. Beyond that there is a big field and then a street. We planted trees on the other side of the bike path several years ago as a screen. There at two Redwoods, a Cedar, two oleanders and four Eucalyptus trees.
One of the Eucalyptus tress was hit with spray when they were spraying for weeds in the big field last year. It lost lots of leaves and in a wind storm the whole tree snapped from the trunk and broke off completely. It is just a sad stump now. Jon has yet to cut it out though I have asked him to a couple of times.
To water our little forest, I have to go around the block to the back side. of the fence. Today as I was watering I discovered a miracle. There a numerous sprouts coming from the 'stump'. I can hardly believe it since the 'stump' appears to be' deader than a door nail'.
As I finished watered and headed off on my walk, I thought about a friendship that I have that seems to be 'deader than a door nail' too. I asked God to revive it like the tree, though there seems to be no life left in it.
I guess that I need to remember ' never give up hope.'
And with God hope never disappoints. ( Romans 5:5)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home