Mother Mary Says

Monday, June 18, 2007

Can you hear it?

On Saturday Jon and I were out in his car running errands.
"What is that noise?"
" I don't hear anything"
" Something is rattling on your side of the car!"
" I am telling you, I don't hear anything"
" You are making me mad. I am telling you that I hear something. Check the glove box, check the seat belt, check something because there is a definite rattle"
I did all the above and still did not hear any noise but by now I was wise enough to not say that I did not hear it.
" Did any of that help?"
" NO!"
" Maybe you need to ride on this side and I will drive".
He did not answer but I think he was thinking 'over my dead body'.
We still have not resolved the rattle.
I keep thinking he could hear it because it is his car and he knows every sound in it. So the unusual stood out. To me, unfamiliar as I am with his car noises, I don't hear a thing wrong.
Jesus said that his sheep know his voice and they follow him. They know it from practice, day by day listening to him.
Question : If Jesus spoke to you, would you hear him? Or, like my dilemma in Jon's car, are you not tuned to his frequency from daily listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home