Mother Mary Says

Monday, February 05, 2007

Worship

Yesterday was the largest worship gathering in our country. No, I do not mean all the believers who gathered to rejoice in the love of God and his gift of salvation. I mean the worship of the pigskin. How weird is that? It is just a ball, made by human hands. It can't even move down the field without human hands. It is subject to man, yet worshipped by him. What is that about???
Because there is not breath in it, it can't talk, yet those who carry it hope it will change their lives forever. It is just a silent ball.
Don't get me wrong. I watched the second half of the game and yelled at the amazing interception at the end. It was very exciting. But I had done my worshipping earlier in the day. Worshipping my creator.
God calls to all men and idols, pigskin and otherwise, let all the earth be silent before HIM. He alone is worthy of all honor and praise and adoration and applause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home