Mother Mary Says

Monday, January 29, 2007

Assumptions

I got a lot of exercise a couple of weeks ago jumping to conclusions.
Assumptions are funny things. They can get you into all kinds of trouble. A former boss made that very clear to me showing me on paper what they can make out of us:
Ass u me
I should have remembered that the other day when my youngest grandson was here. He came without a coat or long sleeves and this during our could snap.
So off we went to the thrift store for I am, among other things, cheap. He tried on various coats, including a trench coat when made him look like a gangster. He completed that image by stuffing his hand in the coat pocket like he had a sawed off shot gun!
Needless to day, we did NOT buy that coat.
But we did find a great coat, very warm, that had belonged to some one on the Far West Junior Olympic Team of 2003. Later we discovered it belongs to BOB, but that is another story, perhaps tomorrow.
Gabe loved the coat and I loved the price $6.99.
Did I tell you it has 135 pockets of various sized and shapes and locations? Or so it seemed to us.
That night I washed it with some of our dirty clothes ( to fill the machine, of course) and it was as good as new, after some minor repairs by thread and needle.
As I crawled into bed that night, I found, mixed in the middle of my nightclothes, a small bottle of whisky, like you might get on an airplane! An empty whiskey bottle. I showed it to Jon and said,
’ I am too tired to figure this out tonight,. We will tackle this tomorrow. ‘
The next day Jon confronted our grandson who dumbly looked at us. He knew nothing, he declared over and over, much like his mother before him had done with such questioning. We felt he was lying but could not prove it. So we let it rest .
Well Jon did, but my mind could not let it go.
1. Why put in on our bed where we would find it?
2. How did he get it?
3 Was this a pattern his parents were ignorant of?
On and on my mind worked at this, like a dog with a bone, while I made the bed .
Then it hit me. When I washed that coat, I had also washed my night clothes in the same load, dried them in the same load and it was possible it had been in on of the 135 pockets and fell out in the dryer, only to get attached to my clothes. There could be no other explanation, if what he was telling us was true.
Assumptions, do you have any about God? Watch out, check it out, Get the facts. You know what assumptions can do to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home