Mother Mary Says

Saturday, January 13, 2007

If only...

If only I had gone to see my Mom on that last day. But no, I visited a friend and she died before I could get to the hospital.
If only I had not opened my mouth when I did, I might still have that long time friend.
If only they had loved me the way I needed them to, I could have been an emotionally healthy woman.
Disappointment in myself and others has attempted to cripple my life. Things I had hoped to gain and didn't or hoped to avoid and failed to bring such great disappointment.
But you can't get very far looking in your rear view mirror.
Miss Havershem in Great Expectations refused to move on after her devastation and her wounded heart was consumed with her disappointing life.
What to do?
Grief the loss. Denial has no benefit.
Then run to the Shepherd. Allow him to heal the hurts and give you a new future, free of expectations and full of contentment.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the movie, "Crimes of the heart" has been on my mind for over a week.

    So sad. So sad.

    M.

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    forward always - it's the only way that works

     

Post a Comment

<< Home