Mother Mary Says

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Mercy

I love to read and find it the way I both relax and let my imagination run wild, visiting places and times that I have never been. This week I read two good books. Today I want to tell you about one of them and tomorrow the other.
The first is a very old book, actually written in 830 BC by a prince of Jerusalem. He was not only a prince but a prophet, speaking for God. His name is not on the top ten list of baby names for this generation or any other for that matter- Zephaniah!
He presents truth and grace, wrath and mercy of God.
He uses very strong language to tell his people that God was going to be a witness in the court of heaven. He was going to stand up and testify against them. Though he had loved them with and everlasting love and chosen them out of all the peoples of the earth, they had rejected Him and gone their own way. So now the ‘day of the Lord’ was coming. That is the truth part of the book. The wrath of God- where he would let them suffer the consequences of their choice to abandon and reject him. They had said to God,’ no thanks‘, so he was going to back out of their lives.
But the writer also presents the grace and mercy of God.
He says to those who trust in the name ( character) of the LORD :
The Lord your God is with you, in your midst.
He is a Victorious Warrior, mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you
He will quiet you with his love
He will rejoice over you with singing.
Wow! I want to be in the second group whom God rejoices in.

“You sing over me
While I am unaware
You dance all around
But I never hear a sound
Lord, I amazed by you
Lord I’m amazed by you
Lord, I’m amazed by you,
How you love me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home