Mother Mary Says

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Caught

We have had visitors again, the 'star' kind. I found the evidence in the laundry room on Friday evening. ( DO NOT MENTION THIS TO JON!!!). So I set out a sticky pad last night. No victim this morning so I moved it outside the garage door. When we returned from errands at noon, it was gone .
" Did you move the sticky pad, Jon?"
" No way"
"Well, where is it? Oh no, it is under your big red took box and it's moving. Get inside and lock the door. I will take care of it".
And so I did, but unlike the others I have had to deal with, who are usually dead or dying when I find them, this one was very determined to get away. He kept hopping with his one free foot. I had to put a paint can on the pad and sort of hit him to get it over with.
Yes, I feel bad and will probably have nightmares tonight. But it had to be done.
So how did he get in that mess?
The Apostle James describes the process very clearly:
Each one is tempted when he is carried or dragged away and enticed by his own evil desires.( the temptation for the 'star' was crushed Ritz crackers). These evil desires lead to evil actions and they lead to death.
Boy, does that sum up the "star's" problem!
But it describes my problem too. The key would be to catch myself at step one ( or the first frame) and deal with the temptation. This week it has been self pity with higher pain levels. So, lest I get caught, I vow to stop the self pity at the door of my mind and say, " No one home". But if you find me stuck, don't hit me. Please carefully unstick me kindly with pray and the Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home