Mother Mary Says

Thursday, January 04, 2007

What is in a name

I had an occasion to think about names recently.
I know a young man who was born after his father had left his Mom. He was given his Dad's name at birth. Nothing out of the ordinary there.
Some time later that his mom remarried a nice man and this boy took on the new husband's name, though he was not adopted. Today he still goes by that name.
Time passed and the biological Dad did not show much interest in the young boy, perhaps not feeling adequate in caring for him. I wonder how he felt that his son used the name of his step dad?
Fast forward to 2007. The young man struggles with the death of his biological dad and other life issues.
Here is where I come in. God moved me to pray for this boy turned man yesterday. As I did I sensed that God wanted the man to choose God's name as the last and best Father. God had prepared the adoption papers for him but being an adult, the man has to choose for himself. So I will pray he sees the love waiting and say "Yes"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home