Mother Mary Says

Monday, January 01, 2007

1-1-2007

A year ago 2006 was a distance tomorrow, unknown and full of promise and surprises. As I look back there are event that I could not have dreamed of then.
Birthday camp for the Long women, including a near death 'accident'. We won't wait that long again to steal time away from our families just for us.
My Brother's death - sudden and huge in it's impact.
opportunities to get to know my brother's wife and children.
Time to learn about grief and it's unpredictable nature, including how it can erupt at unexpected moments.
The birth of our first great grandson, and great he is. Coming the day after the funeral for my brother, it gave me joy in the midst of sorrow.
The 'scattering' where God showed up to hold me in a tangible way at such a heartbreaking moment.
Medical challenges that ended well, for both Jon and I.
New friends made and new insights gained from Bible Study.
Chances to spread my joy for God's glory.
Now I look to 2007 and wonder what it will bring??? Based on 2006, it could generate anxiety big time. But to quote songwriter Ira Stanphill:
'Many things about tomorrow
I don't' seem to understand.
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home