Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My Brother

Today my brother would have been 68. I long to call and wish him Happy Birthday and tell him that I love him one last time.
This time of year I loved getting a cute card with a brother and sister doing things together . I did by one to put in the scrapbook that I am doing. In that book is my favorite picture of he and I when I am only a year old.
I have a special memory from our childhood together of him reading to me from the newspaper- Uncle Wiggly. But in his creative way, he's reading the story backwards!
I also have a snapshot in my mind of him eating his breakfast in the garage since I refused to put milk on my cereal and made too much noise for his liking.
All these firsts are painful. I missed a birthday card from him in December with his characteristic printing of his name. ( so like me in that respect) I missed getting the Christmas card of his favorite picture of he and Diane for that year. I have missed him being there on our walks and visits with Diane this fall. Now the first birthday missed.
The Word talks about brothers too.
Isaac and Ishmael
Cain and Abel
Jacob and Esau
Joseph and his brothers and sister Dinah
David and Jonathan- brothers of the heart.
Peter and Andrew
James and John
Question:
Am I still a sister since my brother is gone?
Jesus calls himself our elder brother- the friend that sticks closer than a brother, the Eternal God, El Olam who never dies.
So in my lose today, I still have Jesus, forever.
And that is enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home