Mother Mary Says

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Resolutions

So it is that time of year again. I will make resolutions hoping that I will do better this year than last.
My list this year:
More time with my family
Walk 3-5 times a week
Control my nighttime munchies
Stick to a budget, especially in the grocery category
Balance rest and ministry
Write each day
Tackle the technical things that do not work for me, ie digital camera, etc
Find a way to make an impact in my community
Keep my car in better condition
Enjoy life more and stress about things less
Did you know that God has a list of resolutions for us too?
We call them the 10 commandments. Think of how keeping them will improve the quality of life around you just as keeping your resolutions will improve your life as well.
But here is the kicker:
I can't do any better keeping them than I can with my 2007 list of ways I am going to try harder.
Here is the great news- God knows it and that is why He sent Jesus. He now writes His list on my heart and gives me the Holy Spirit to enable me to keep them and grace to forgive me when I fail.
What freedom.
So I can look at both lists and ask Him to make me competent since I am not in myself. Then relax in Him.
Happy 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home