Mother Mary Says

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Obsessed

Today at the library I picked up a copy of the official episode guide for MONK. I do really like that show. Partly I guess, because Jon and I can relate in small ways.
Most recently , I can see that in the new cottage shutters. We purchased the new vinyl kind to replace the old wood ones that were falling apart. I was , and still am excited about the ease of opening and cleaning. No more fear of them falling out of the wall and onto the floor.
But with the shutters came a new routine for the head of the house. He checked on how they looked outside and now takes a tour each morning to open them at just the right slant. I have caught myself coming by and opening them wider for more light. That is what my friend Pamela would do, I am sure. Probably Gabriel too.
But to calm his compulsion, I have decided to leave them alone - at least while he is home!
I wondered to myself if God has a obsession. Then it hit me, of course He does. We, his creation, are his obsession. He will do whatever it takes to draw us in close to Himself. He checks routinely to see where we are. Not to record our failures or successes but to determine what we need to bring closer to Him. He is passionate about us, intent on fellowship with us, committed to loving us and being faithful even when we are faithless! Nothing will deter Him. Now that is a real obsession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home