Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Justice

I love justice for offenders . I like them to get their "just deserves". Case in point: A local funeral home seemly showed no mercy to a grieving family who called the wrong mortuary( them) when their Mom died. They released the body to the tune of big bucks for little service, or so the media says. Knowing that this funeral home has been known to be a little, how shall I say, hard to work with, I believe it all. The follow up article today said they may be investigated. Probably deserves it I said to myself.
That attitude was enough but I had to pass the info along to those I knew would find it a dainty morsel, which they did.
I went on about my day, walking Buddy, cleaning up after Jon's lighting project in the kitchen,etc. Just minding my own business when what should hit me? Conviction. Like Isaiah and others in scripture, I find it easy to see the sins of others and not my own. I had been judge and jury for people I did not know, with evidence I did not have. Then I got pleasure out of repeating it. Faced with God's standard and not my own, I had no excuses or justification for my attitudes or behavior. I could only say, I was wrong and I repent.
I acknowledge that you alone are JUDGE. Their Judge and mine
I cry' Mercy', Lord. It's me,it's me,it's me O Lord, standing in the need of prayer. Not the funeral home, not the ones I shared me, but me O Lord, standing in the need of not only prayer but forgiveness.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    speaking of that... my Grandfather's obituary was SO messed up in the paper. The newspaper did a retraction... but it was kinda too late.

    The funeral home took down the information and wasn't even close to the truth.

    My Grandma isn't and has never been homosexual... LOL.

    But lordy. They paid alot for that funeral.

    Matthew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home