Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Air Mail

First off this is a secret so do not repeat this to my husband! I guess that I will tell him some day, but not today.
We recently received some very important papers that had to be dealt with and sent back to our insurance company. I got the feeling we needed to send them return receipt, even though I hated going to the Post Office, finding an place to park, standing in line and paying who knows what. We conferred and decided that just such a receipt was the best way to deal with all this . So, on my way to have tea with a dear friend, I gathered the letter, a Manila envelope going to my niece and a birthday card to my 'adopted' grandchild and headed out to the car. I notice that the mail had arrived at my house so placed the outgoing mail on the back of my car with my banana and inspected the new mail. Not one thing worth the effort of my mailman to deliver it. Oh well.
I placed the new mail in the garage, got in my car and headed out to meet my friend. I had driven about 2 miles and missed the yellow light so had to stop. I drank my water and waited for my turn to go. The next thing I knew, someone was out of the car next to me and coming up to my window.
HUH?
She had a letter and a BANANA extended toward me.
Oh No!!! Now I remembered that I had set the outgoing mail on the back of the car and not picked it up again. How thankful I was for this alert Samaritan.
Only one problem. She only handed me the outgoing birthday card. No Manila envelope for Simone and NO INSURANCE ENVELOPE. You know, the very critical one.I made a quick u-turn and headed back the way I had come. No letters on the main street so I continued on toward home. One block from my house I spied IT. I jumped out and grabbed the two missing items, including that pesky insurance letter.
The guy across the street was heading to his car in the driveway and asked if I needed help.
" No, I just found what I was looking for, a most important letter. "
I then repeated my tale, complete with a shout of joy that God is so good and into details. He has time to oversee Iraq and Mary's important letter, too.
The story does end well. I made it to the Post Office and was able to get it mailed. I hope to receive the return receipt by next week. Hopefully not by airmail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home