Mother Mary Says

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Dangerous emotions

Several years ago I did an workshop online dealing with learning to write your personal story. The lesson that stood out to me was about dangerous emotions. I come from a long line of British folk complete with the "stiff upper lip" when it comes to emotions. That is especially true with those emotions that threaten to explode.
The last weeks I have been avoiding a dangerous emotion - grief. I know that my brother is gone, dead and scattered, but my mind has found ways to contain the grief so it does not spill out.
A planned trip to his home today to see his widow has caused me fear that I will enter the door, not be greeted by my brother's hug and go to pieces. In my mind, it feels like I will begin to cry and never stop. So dread has built and my mind has gone on autopilot, to avoid facing the unknown.
I woke this morning with one word from the Lord- PEACE.
Tomorrow I will share how God showed up because I am sure He will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home