Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Falling

My how times flies when you are busy. It has been remodeling tasks, vacation and then the rest after the vacation.
Anyway, I just had to write about this, so here goes.
This week I have found myself falling more than usual. Now, I normally am not very graceful and Jon can attest to that. He claims that I can trip over nothing and he is right. The new laminated floors do not help any.
Case in point:
The phone was ringing in the bedroom and I was cooking in the kitchen. I ran, rounded the corner and went down hard. The phone continued to ring so I dragged myself up and hurried to answer it. It was an important call and I never mentioned to the person on the other end that I had just fallen or how painful the fall had been. My knee began to swell immediately and is still very painful UGH!
Jon quoted me a line from one of my favorite movies( a trip to bountiful)
" Don't run when you can walk". He was right this time.
Then today I had another falling episode. I drove the library to return books. I got out of the car, locked the driver door and came around to get the books on the passenger seat. After closing that door I stepped back and tripped( over what I am not sure) and it took everything I had to not fall flat on my face. I was so embarrassed. As I crossed the street, I thought to myself" they probably all think that I am drunk"
In the spiritual realm, I find that I fall too. An impulsive action, an unkind word, a negative thought.
I love what Solomon said:
" The righteous man( or woman) may fall seven times but he will rise again"
The prophet Micah weighs in with" Do not rejoice over me my enemy; though I fall, I will rise again.
Now if I can just stop falling altogether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home