Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What was he thinking?

Last Thursday I was gone for the evening and left Buddy in the washroom with his bed, radio and treat. He hates being left but the music helps with his anxiety. He was so glad to see me when I returned, as usual. I gave him a treat and a nice walk before bed.
We were up at 5:00 for an early walk, breakfast for him and tea and time with the Lord for me. I came back to bed about 6:30 or so, only to be rudely awakened by vomiting noises. I jumped up and rushed Buddy outside but he had already thrown on the area rug in the hall. Why there I bemoaned?
Outside he vomited again and what to my wondered eyes should appear but an avocado pit!
HUH???
First off we can't figure out how he got it. Second , why would he swallow it. Third God was good to get it out before it plugged his intestinal track and caused a trip the emergency vet.
Did you know that the Bible talks about vomit?

Peter says,
The proverb is true that the dog returns to his vomit and the pig that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud. He was talking to those who commit their lives to the Lord and then went back to their disobedient way of life as though it did not matter that their sin cost the life of Christ.He said it was better for them to have never known the grace of God than to know it and turn their back on it again.
They have not valued God's loving kindness or learned from their consequences.
As Ruth says: 'I don't want a lightning bolt in the butt.'
I don't' either.
Now if only Buddy will have learned from his consequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home