Mother Mary Says

Monday, October 30, 2006

Time

Somehow I read the time wrong. The sad thing is, it is not the first time.
Years ago, I got up ,showered and went to get the girls up for school. It was winter and very dark, but I though nothing of it.
Ruth was indignant.
" It is 2:30 in the morning. What were you thinking?"
I could not believe that I had read the clock wrong. I was not 6:30 but 2:30!
Needless to say, I went back to bed.
That lesson must have slipped my mind for I had a repeat this weekend.
I carefully reset the clocks before we went to bed on Saturday night. I woke at 6:00 on Sunday morning and got up to walk Buddy, fix his breakfast and have my time alone with the Lord. I can't tell you now what alerted me to the fact, the time was not right. I stared at the kitchen clock and felt things were wrong- I read 5:00. By now, I was so unsure I thought I was going crazy. Had I set the clocks wrong or what?
I settled it by getting out my cell phone which agreed that it was 5:00AM not 6:00AM. How that happened I can't say. The numbers on my clock are very large and yet I misread it. This time I did not go back to bed, fearing I would not wake in time for church. Boy was I tired before the day was over.
I know that God says, a day is as a thousand years to him and vice versa, but believe me, an hour can make a big difference. On the night I should have had an extra hour of sleep, I missed out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home