Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Words, words, words.

My Father loved to say I was vaccinated with a phonograph needle( boy does that date me!) He meant that I talked so much.
I left that same way about my Deborah, and her Gabriel talks even more, if that is possible. Ruth was pretty quiet as a child but her husband would not agree now. She has become chatty Ruth.
I read recently that the average person speaks enough to fill 20 single- spaced typewritten pages each day! That means that the 'average mouth' cranks out enough words to fill 2 books of 300 pages each each month, 24 books a year and 1200 books in 50 years of speaking!
Those statistics astound me considering that Deborah and Gabriel and I would not be considered 'average' speakers. I wonder how those apply to us!
So the questions is not how many words, but what kind? Is my mouth filled with laughter and joy or gripping and complaining. Do I give God glory for all he does each day( like giving me each breath)or do I forget the great things he has done?
Today list might contain, in part:
the crisp air on my walk
the brilliant colors of the leaves
the amazing hawk in the pine tree and the crow who kept dive bombing him.
sweet friendship
new sox for free!( that is another story)
new thoughts from Jonah
What words did you speak today.?
Aren't you glad tomorrow is another day? May your 20 pages tomorrow be uplifting and grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home