Mother Mary Says

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Who me?

Tomorrow we are going to have our carpet upstairs cleaned. That means disruption of my routine and my stuff. UGH! I have recently been using the upstairs bedroom, the "Red Room" as we affectionately call it, for my 'quiet time' in the early mornings. I have made a 'nest' there with my Bible, journal, reference books, colored pencils, Kleenex, extra sox, bag of cheerios, well you get the picture. Then I have a fuzzy blanket on top to cover it and use if I get cold.I knew that I would have to pick all this stuff up off the floor tomorrow morning before the guy came.
We came home from church and I was so tired, having not slept well last night. After a hasty lunch, I dove into my bed and actually slept for almost two hours. I got up feeling rested and after doing some kitchen duties, I sat to review my sermons notes and do the further study section.
One question had me stumped:
When do you last remember the conviction of the Holy Spirit about sin that you previously had not considered sin?
I pondered that and decided to come back to it.
Just then Jon headed upstairs and I saw he was moving the little table out of the Red Room, the one I set my tea on each morning. I jumped up to rescue my ' nest' before he began pulling things out of it and touching my stuff.
He was mumbling:
'This is a total mess. I will have to get you a basket of something'.
I weighted in with " Why should it bother you? You are never in here. I like having it all available as I study.'
My mouth wanted to say more, like 'how about your mess by your recliner????' Instead, I did a Ruth" la, la, la". But inside I was seething. How dare he tell me my stuff is a mess. It's none of his business. I deserve a spot where I can do as I want.And on and on the thoughts went.
I put all my stuff in the closet and went down to finish the notes I had been working on, feeling very justified in my attitude. That is when the Holy Spirit convicted me about what I previously had not thought of a sin. Where was the sweet attitude that I usually have toward my life mate? Why was I being so combative? How Christlike was my attitude?
I could write my answer on the study sheet. NOW is when I was convicted. I see that I was easily angered over something so inconsequential, so unimportant. Jon loves me and was only trying to get the stuff up and to be honest, it was a mess. I would not want you to see it, for sure. Maybe he can come up with an organizer solution. So I wrote my answer. Then I apologized to Jon that I was easily angered over nothing.
Thanks God for revealing sin, though I hated seeing it in ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home