Mother Mary Says

Sunday, August 07, 2005

I am really mad!

OK, so I admit it. I am really mad.
First off the petunia moth destroyed my revived pink hanging petunia basket. The she moved on to the snapdragons. Then some beetle is eating my new purple verbena.
If that is not enough, we noted on our walk that our trees over the fence have been hit with some type weed spray( probably by the city) and are loosing leaves and generally turning 'green around the gills'.
Now that may seem trivial to you, but as a O/C I hate things happening that I can't control. Of course, control is a matter of perspective . None of us can really control much of anything. Not our weight, our finances or our tongues, let alone our gardens.
Control - synonyms are:
govern, regulate, command, dominate, master, restrain. I don't know about you, but I have not been able to command the petunia moth or restrain her. I have not been able to regulate the way my neighbor parks his car on the street, all 4 of them. I have no been able to dominate the traffic on the freeway. Neither have I been able to control my O/C thoughts, my rut thinking.
Who has the control? If I don't it had better be someone who has my best interest at heart. Someone who does not get up on the wrong side of the bed or have a bad day and then take it out on me.
Want to know a secret? God meets that criteria. He is the Sovereign Lord of the universe and the Maker of my heart so He knows me well. Every good and perfect gift comes from Him. Even those things that may not appear good at first glance.
Let me explain. Suppose you were my little child and I took you to the toy story and told you to pick any game you wanted and I would buy it- board game. You pick monopoly and though you are way too young, we take it home and you enjoy lining up the house's, etc. Suppose the next time I tell you that, you pick a Ouija board. I tell you that I know more about this and it would not be good for you. You might question, 'Do you love me? I want this". But I would be firm in my denial since I knew more than you. That explains why things don't always appear 'fair' at first glance.
But, for me, when I can't see God's hand, I can trust His heart.
Now, I still can't command about petunia moths, but I have Adam to blame for that I guess!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home