Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Near sighted

Both our daughters are near sighted. That means they can see near things but not far away without contacts or glasses. In fact, they can't read the big E on the chart without correction.
When they got into high school we allowed them to get contacts. Debe wrote a piece for school about how great it was with contacts that she could sleep in. If she woke at night she could tell if it was her cat or a rodent at the end of her bed.
Ruth refused to wear glasses and could only tell friends walking her way by their shape.
Today I read a quote that really hit me:
"Often we have no conception of what God is aiming at and as we go on it gets more and more vague. God's aim looks like missing the mark because we are too short sighted to see what He is aiming at."
Oswald Chambers
I have felt that way this year with so many dying around me. A newborn, a Mother, a Father, a spouse, a sister and on it has gone. And, to be honest, I have wondered what God is doing in some of those cases. This quote put is all in perspective. I will put on my spiritual contacts so I can see the long range plan that God has. Even if I don't know his plan, I can trust his heart- it is always for our good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home