Mother Mary Says

Monday, August 01, 2005

Friend

I am still thinking about the Monk show and the feeling I could relate to - his longing for friends. The trouble began early in life, feeling like I was an outsider in any situation. I can see it in my mind -like a child with nose pressed against a window looking in at friends together. But that is not a reality for me, just a feeling.
In recent years, I have learned that to have a friend you just need to be a friend. I love inviting a new friend out to coffee, though that is euphemism since I do not drink coffee. Then I get to know about them and a friendship developed or doesn't as the case may be.
We have been learning a new song at church. I woke up singing it this morning and it cheered my heart.
I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
He calls me friend.
I even know the sign language for friend- two fingers linked together.
And that song has truth. Jesus did call his disciples( devoted followers) friend. No longer were they just servants. Now if I can take down the lonely girl poster in my mind and wallpaper ,instead, I am a friend of God. He is always available for a coffee date!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home