Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Anger

Last week we also watched the Return of the Jedi. I have forgotten so much!
One quote stood out. The Emperor says " Give into your anger and you become my servant". I thought about Genesis 4:7 where God says to Cain- 'deal with your anger- Sin is crouching at the door of your life. You must master it.' We know the rest of the story. In both the movie and the Bible account, anger wins out. Cain kills Abel and the Emperor gains a servant. Think about what would have been different if each had dealt with his anger.
I need to think about dealing with it in my life- what I call frustration or impatience, since we were not allowed to feel anger in our home. But it can flare in me just the same, no matter what I call it. I need to face it and admit it is anger and then deal with it, not stuff it, as we were taught. This is a growing thing for me. That may seem silly to you, since most people recognize anger. But it is the first step for me. Otherwise I will end up serving the 'Dark side' too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home