Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Wilted

The last couple of weeks I has been as wilted as my lovely hanging petunia. The cutworm finally won out and the plant is devoid of blooms. I , too, have been done in by computer problems and the heat. No excuse, just how it is. I have ideas in my mind that I want to write but they have not made it to this arena.
Some came last week when our middle grandson was here. We saw the final Star Wars movie. The next days I will probably share thoughts.
For today I give you this:
"The fear of losing a loved one is the path to the dark side."
I know that fear and have been learning, even before this movie , to take that fear to the Lord. He is the only security I have since my loved ones can die, disown me or otherwise reject me. If I focus on that fear, I would go crazy, be open to the demonic forces to ravage my life. But when I focus on the fact that God won't die, divorce me, disown me or reject me, my heart is free to love and relax. Even if the worst happens, he is still there.
In the movie, the thing that Anakin feared did happen. He had nothing left to fall back on and , indeed, the dark side claimed him. He never knew that he had a choice. How sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home