Mother Mary Says

Friday, July 08, 2005

Watermelon

I have been on a computer vacation. With the the heat and this new schedule we are on- up at 5AM -I have not had much energy. But ideas have been floating through my mind so I had to get serious and write them before they floated away.
The other day I stopped at a fruit stand for a variety box- plums, peaches, apricots and nectarine. I also carefully selected a watermelon. I thumped it, shook it, etc. Of course I have never known what it should should like- but I try,
I fixed a nice dinner and cut up the watermelon for desert. UGH. It looked good and smelled good but had NO taste. Part of me was determined to find it good since I paid $3.00. Jon saved me by saying I didn't have to be a martyr and eat it. WHEW.
But he also said that I needed to take it back and demand my money back.
" They don't guarantee their watermelons you know!"
" Well, they should " he grumbled." They should give you a taste first to see if it is good."
" Fat chance of that" I replied.
Then I thought about how God does offer just that.
He says:
"Taste and see that the Lord is good".
But like watermelon, you have to take him in to find out. You won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home