Mother Mary Says

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Monk

I am not a big TV watcher. We view mostly HGTV or the Travel channel or TLC. But we do have a favorite show- MONK. He is the obsessive/ compulsive detective. Having some of those traits myself, it is fascinating to watch him.
Last night's show brought tears to my eyes and old memories to my mind. He tried so hard to fit in and be one of the gang. To be the one invited to go to lunch, etc. For me, it is the longing to chosen and accepted, too. Perhaps you are athletic, but I am not and was always one of the last ones to be chosen for a team, etc. The sense of rejection still hurts.
Then ,tonight, the Lord spoke to me in a way it finally got through.
Jesus said " I have made you acceptable. I have chosen you."
Song:
I'm forgiven because you were forsaken.
I'm accepted, you were condemned.

I have spent too much time trying to gain approval from the wrong people. And it has been wasted time, since God has already chosen and accepted me.
Now it I can get those powerful facts the 18 inches to my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home