Mother Mary Says

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Let me help

As a follow up to the hose story, I thought about how my helping was not really helpful. As I mentioned, the place to attach the hose was hard to reach and hard to see. We tried using a flashlight but it was not bright enough. Then Jon found his very old ’trouble light‘. But there was not place to hang it so he was holding it and trying to force the hose on all at the same time. As I told you, I offered to hold the ‘trouble light”( what an appropriate name). hoping to hurry up the repair as I was bored and wanted to be doing something else. In the process of my helping , the cord touched metal and shorted the whole thing out. So much for my help. It only made things worse. Back to using the flashlight, which is not an exact science, to say the least.
Sometimes when God is not getting things around me fixed fast enough, I come along and try to help Him too. And with the same results- disaster.
That makes me think of Abraham who tried to help God out in fulfilling his promise of a son. God seemed slow to him in fulfilling his gift of a son so Abraham came up with a way to help God . Enter Ishmael. That has consequences even today in the Middle east
God says that one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as day. to Him. He is never slow as men count slowness. He gets the job done in his time and beautifully too.
In his time
In his time
He makes all thing beautiful
In his time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home