Mother Mary Says

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Persistence

Over the weekend I had a chance to learn once again about persistence from Jon. On Friday evening I drove into the garage and the hose burst and all the water drained out on the floor. It was a busy weekend but we finally went to get a new hose only to find that one place did not have the right one and the other gave us something close but not exact.
At that point, I wanted to just wait until my son in law could work on it and began to mentally figure out how I would go without my car all week. But Jon was intent on fixing the problem and bought the ‘not exact one’. Then home to put it on. HA! Not as easy as one might think. For one thing, there is a part of the engine (I'm not sure what) in the way so you really can‘t see what you are doing. For another, after Jon trimmed it ,the hose did not slide on easily at either end. Jon used WD40 but it was still a tight fit.
Then I tried to help with the light and shorted it out and he was frustrated with my help, being already overwhelmed.
I said, “You can stop and wait until the weekend as far as I am concerned. I know this is a nightmare.”
“ No, I am going to do this”.
That’s my man. And you know what, He did.
That made me think about the knitting problem that I had. I had messed up the pattern and was saving in for my friend to fix. But Jon’s perseverance made me decide to take it out and fix it, which I did, though it was a tedious project.
God models perseverance. He never gives up on his children, even when they are in a messy state. Even when they disrupt the pattern he had for their lives . He just keeps molding and shaping and repairing them.
I want to learn from the example of the two men in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home