Mother Mary Says

Friday, September 14, 2007

Things are not as they seem

This last week Buddy and I discovered that the new kitty on our block was sleeping on the fire hydrant at night. How that is possible, don’t ask us. It is a mystery. How can that be comfortable? But needless to say, we have had to alter our early morning and late evening route since that is bedtime for the above mentioned cat.
I passed this information on to Jon so he would know to avoid that hydrant too. You can never be too careful with Buddy and his ‘leash aggression’. Especially since he has a passionate hatred of cats.
Yesterday Jon was talking to one of our neighbors and that new kitten came up in conversation. Jon mentioned that the kitty was sleeping on the hydrant at night. Julia said that she would talk to the owner as that was not right. Poor thing!
Jon was not feeling well at the end of the night last night and decided we needed to take a walk around the block at midnight.( I am still not sure why!) We passed the hydrant and I thought to myself, now we can get a look at the poor cat. To our surprise, there was no cat at all! It was only an optical illusion of leaves and the street light making a pattern like the kitten’s fur. Boy did we feel stupid, well, I did since I started all this.
I guess I had better look closer at things, investigate and for sure not pass on what I did not know for sure.( In my defense, I thought I knew for sure.)
But isn’t that what people do when they write God off? They think they know about him from what others have told them. They think they have it figured out based on the lives of those they think know God. They never take the time to check Him out themselves. If they would, they would find He is all He has said He is and more. They would know Him personally, not just about Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home