Mother Mary Says

Friday, September 07, 2007

New Sox

I am hard on my socks I guess and find that as the summer winds down I am in dire new of some new ones. I was at my favorite discount store the other day and saw a bin of socks. I stopped and pawed through and decided to try just one pair for now. I selected a nice red pair and was on my way.
Yesterday I put them on and right off I didn’t like the feel of them. But hey, they only cost a dollar and I needed them, so relented and wore them. In the evening I was reading and happened to look down at my socks. There on the area just above the toes was a name. As I looked closer, the name was that of a person who had betrayed me about 10 years ago.
How did that name get on my socks??? Who even heard of name socks???
I took them off and vowed to wash them and get pass them on to someone else. Besides I did not like how they felt, I said to myself very self righteously.
But God spoke gently this morning as we were together.
“ This thing is from me.”
“Huh?”
‘These ‘name socks‘. You need to forgive at a deeper level and you can begin by praying for this person.’
Since I do not like to get a whipping from the Lord, I obeyed.
Then a verse in I Samuel came to my mind:
‘Far be it from me to sin against you by ceasing to pray for you.’
I had vowed to pray a blessing on this person after the matter years ago, but it has been quite some time since I had really done that.
Isn’t it just like God to use socks as a prayer reminder???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home