Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Capelet

Last Christmas, for the first time ,we drew names. I was so glad that I had gotten my daughter Ruth I asked what she wanted. She requested a capelet- short cape. We selected the color and I began to knit. But being unsure of the pattern, I did a sample with leftover yarn first. Boy was I glad I have tried it first, because I had knitted too tight and it was too small. So I was able to adjust and the finished product was amazing, well for a beginner.
I came across that sample capelet the other day and God showed me an application for a verse he was teaching me.
Isa 61:3 says God bestows on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes and the oil of gladness for mourning and the garment of praise for the spirit of despair.
I though of that capelet and saw it as the garment of praise. In my mind's eye, God wrapped it around my shoulders. But to do so he had to remove the garment of anxiety that I have been wearing for most of my life. It is my choice to give up the anxiety. God showed me that my anxiety is sin since it reflects on the future as uncertain and therefore scary.
But God says, he is Sovereign and holds the future in his hands. I can trust Him.
Paul put it this way"
I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him against that day( the end of life).
Jeremiah spoke for God saying, 'I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future.'
So which capelet should I wear? The one woven with anxiety that has been passed down to me by my family, or the one God wants to give me- the garment of praise from a calm and trustful heart?
I think it is time to put away the old ways and embrace the rest of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home