Mother Mary Says

Friday, August 10, 2007

Shoes

I dislike shopping but especially for shoes. Part of the problem is that my feet are short and wide and most shoes are uncomfortable or, flat out do not fit. I will never compete with Emelda Marcos , that is for sure.
Last winter I discovered that most women wore these cute short boots . I wondered aloud what the chances were that I could find a pair. I took my shopping friend and not only did I find some that fit but I have a 25% off coupon to use as well. So that resolved my embarrassment for the winter.
But with the coming of spring, my dilemma returned as well. Jon and I looked and looked and to be honest, he was getting more and more disgusted with me. I could not seem to find something comfortable. He, on the other had was looking for style. When, I thought to myself had I ever be in style( well except for the boots) Finally I settled on a nice pair of sandals, partly to satisfy him and partly because they were comfy.
One catch, they are a thong type and in between my toes hurt for quite awhile. But now they are toughened up and I love them. But , to me, they are not very dressy, like to wear to church, though I have been. I did not dare mention that to Jon. Instead, I peek at people's feet on Sundays and give the up or down thumb to myself in my mind. ( How vain)
But God was not to be outdone. In the last three weeks, I have had three pairs of sandals given to me that fit like a glove and are dressy besides.
Content?
No, now I dread winter again because I can't wear these boots with shorter dresses or shorter skirts. So the saga continues. For someone who hates shoes, I sure get in a dither about them, huh?
God only has one main thing to say about shoes. I am to wear the shoes of the gospel of peace. Peace with God through Christ and the peace of God that passes all understanding. Have it and pass it on. God says that is what beautiful feet look like, feet that share his love. And anyone can have them, if they know Christ. Just ask. No shopping required. Besides they never wear out or go out of style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home