Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

What aroma?

Today I have a pleasant surprise. My grandson and great grandson( Jacob) stopped by for a visit. The last time I had seen him he was not walking yet but now he can move like lightning! I so enjoyed seeing him and his Dad, too. Jacob played with toys that his Dad and Grandma played with at that age and that brought back so many memories.
I did notice a certain aroma while he was here that his parents did not seem to be aware of. It was not the sweet baby powder smell of tiny babies. It was that yucky odor of a dirty diaper. It was amazing to me that his Mom and Dad did not seem to smell it!
When they left the aroma lingered so I had to get out the Febreze ASAP.
I wonder what aroma I leave after I have been with a friend or even a stranger?
Does the love of God linger? Do they notice the fragrance of grace after I am gone? Do they know God better for being with me?
Or do I leave the odor of judgment and the smell of self righteousness?
Does God have to get out the spiritual Febreze after I depart to cover the ugly odor I left? I sure hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home