Mother Mary Says

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Don't be anxious

It has been a very busy week.
I was taxi cab for a teen age boy to therapy twice and high school orientation.
I have tea with a friend on Monday and tea with a friend on Tuesday.
I took a meal to a friend who had surgery, also on Tuesday.
On Thursday evening I had my book club and on Friday an evening meeting.
All this to say that my dog is not very happy with me. He has separation anxiety and hates being left alone. It was not so bad when Jon was working days and home in the evening to be with Buddy. But since we transitioned to the swing schedule on Monday, Buddy has spent way too much time alone, according to him.
Yesterday, after lunch, he began to watch my moves. This involves poking his head into the walk in closet to see what kind of clothes I am putting on. It included waiting outside the bathroom so see what I am going to do. If I proceed to brush my teeth or put on lipstick, he goes into his 'poor me' mode. He hangs his head and tail and slinks to his bed in the corner hoping I will forget him. He has perfected the martyr performance handed down to me from my family.
So yesterday I talked to him seriously and said,
" I am not going anywhere. We are going to be here together all afternoon, so you can relax. You are not going to be alone at all. We are going to take a nap and maybe read. You have no reason to be anxious. You are just worrying about something that has not happened and this day is not going to."
Just as quickly I heard the Holy Spirit say:
" You can relax. You are not going to be alone. You have no reason to fear the future for I am here with you and will be 24/7. Your future is not uncertain to me, I have planned it and it is for your good. Most of all, my presence goes with you, wherever you go."
So we had a nice afternoon, Buddy, the Holy Spirit and I. Now if I can only remember this tomorrow, when anxiety hits again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home