Mother Mary Says

Friday, August 17, 2007

"Preaching to the choir"

Today I took my grandson to his counseling appointment. The therapist asked me to talk with her about our family background so she and I chatted alone. In the conversation she commented about how much she likes G. and what fun he is.
'My sentiments exactly', I said. 'Too bad he doesn't see what a great personality he has and what fun he is to be around.'
Then I had a light bulb experience. I saw that I feel that same way- awkward in social settings and very self conscious. I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to be my friend.( at times I sure don't, though I am getting better)
The timing of this could not be better since I am headed out to a meeting tonight where I don't know a lot of the ladies very well. God and I have already dialogued about all this but this is further insight.
He says that he created me and he doesn't make junk. Each one of his creations is unique and gorgeous.
We made deal. He is going with me and will be my companion. I can feel confident in the personality he created and the body he gave me and just go and have a good time.( smile, sigh)
Thanks for the clarification God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home