Mother Mary Says

Monday, August 06, 2007

Brakes part II

As I told you , my brake light has been coming on, more often recently. I have been tempted to just put tape over it so I can't see it since I have no idea what is wrong. I do something similar with noises I can't figure out. I just turn the radio up louder! Did I tell you that I score in the minus category in mechanical skills?
I tried the quick fix, checking the brake fluid level. But it was OK.
The other options are:
The light is malfunctioning
I need new brakes.
I was holding out for the first.
So today I arrived early to have the situation checked. As it turned out, early is an understatement. I was there at 7:15 AM and they do not open until 8:00 AM!
UGH!
So I drove back home and walked my dog.
Then I decided to run another couple of errands before returning to the auto repair shop.
Alas, the store I drove to did not open until 8:00 AM, either.
So I headed to my friends' house for tea and talk but she was not there, though I had said I would be there a little after 8:00 AM.
I took a deep breath, wondering if this whole day was going to be this way. It should have been a warning of things to come.
My friend finally arrvied home and we visited for awhile before I headed to the shop, again.
They took my car right in, that is the good news.
The bad?
My car needs back brakes AND a new cylinder too since it is leaking ,whatever that means.
$340.00
Putting tape over the light looks better all the time. Well, until I have to stop in a hurry and have no brakes. Then the repair bill will be even larger, I suspect. Plus my insurance will go up, too.
So, when do I use the brakes anyway?
At stop lights, of course.
When a car pulls in front without warning or changes lanes quickly.
When a child runs out in the street without looking.
Probably other scenarios that I can't think of now but will be apparent the next time I drive.
Guess my 'wings' are clipped until we get this fixed since Jon thinks putting tape on the light is ridiculous. I don't want to drive, knowing I am an accident waiting to occur.
Does God have a warning light too?
Several , I guess.
The word, other believers and the Holy Spirit, by means of inner conviction. You had better listen or you will be a spiritual accident waiting to happen. Don't try ignoring that 'light' by continuing on your way, the wrong way, doing the wrong thing. The results are too dangerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home