Mother Mary Says

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Company in the shower

This morning I woke up late and hit the shower on the run. I dialed in the water temp, closed the shower curtain and stepped in to find that someone was already in there- a big black spider. At first I didn't see him or I would not have stepped in. Then I was going to just ignore him, being in a hurry. We could coexist couldn't we? But then I wondered ,as I washed my hair, will he jump on me when I am not paying attention?????
So I did what any rational woman would do, I squished with my toe and forced him down the drain. A good job done. Now I could finish and get on with my morning so as not be late to church.
Sometimes I treat sin that way too.
First I don't see how big and black it is. To me, it is a vague gray thing.
Then I think, well it's no big deal, we can coexist.
But, left to itself, it will jump out and get me when I least expect it.
So I have learned to squish it and force it out of my life by the name and blood of Jesus.
And it must be done ASAP. My joy and peace depends on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home