Mother Mary Says

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Protection

Yesterday was an eventful day for us, to say the least. As we were driving our grandson home from doing some yard work for us, we encountered a multitude of police cars just a block over from us. Not wanting to miss anything, we drove down that street but couldn't see very well. Jon was nervous and we were waved off by the Community service officer. So, regretfully, we had to leave.
But on the way back home, we saw more activity so parked at our community park and stood to watch the events unfold. Seems that they had already arrested two men.We saw then send the police dog after a third one. At that point, we decided to head home and lock our doors and gate. No sense taking chances.
But the activity was not over, for soon a helicopter appeared in the sky over our house and stayed there for an hour . We were getting dizzy watching them going around in circles.
We have no way of knowing if they found the third suspect but the helicopter disappeared. And wouldn't you know, there was nothing in the paper today ,so we will never know, I guess.
I sure felt safe while that copter was in the sky overhead.
I need that over my mind when I am battling runaway thoughts. It could guard my mind so that nothing could disturb the peace I have from God. Not in my mind or in my heart. I would call it Mr. God's Peace, my protector. Thoughts could fly over but never land.
I guess, in reality, that that is my job, to keep those untamed thoughts from landing and setting up shop in my mind. Then my emotions and mind will be guarded .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home